Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, aged 57 is successful equity investor and trader in India. Recently Forbes reported that he is 53rd richest citizen of India, with a net worth of USD 2.8 Billion. He is professionally a Chartered Accountant that practice in his own firm as to manage his own portfolio being a partner in asset management firm. Rakesh along with his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala owns firm naming “Rare Enterprise”.
Followers or admirer of Rakesh’s success always asks for his strategies or the key to success in stock trading. Here’s the answer to all their questions. The table given below discloses all the information about his investments in stocks with its value. It is updated up till July 2018
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Portfolio Holdings
|Company||%Holding||Number of Shares||Crore|
|Adinath Exim Resources||4.05||1.66||0|
|A2Z Maintenance and Engineering||16.7||123.88||16|
|Agro Tech Foods||8.2||20||116|
|Dewan Housing Finance||4||58||237|
|Geojit BNP Paribas Financial||7.88||180||36|
|Hindustan Oil Exploration Company||1.5||19.61||8|
|Ion Exchange (India)||6.02||8.75||9|
|Karur Vysya Bank||3.9||47.5||221|
|Mcnally Bharat Engineering||3.21||9.98||6|
|Pipavav Defence and Offshore||1.43||105||48|
|Polaris Consulting & Services Ltd||4.99||38.18||64.91|
|Prozone Capital Shopping Centres||2.46||37.5||6|
|Sterling Holiday Resorts||3.47||31.3||78.25|
|ICICI Pru Life Insurance||–||0.8||27|
|Mandhana Retail Ventures||12.74||–||–|
The total value of Rakesh Jhunjhuwala portfolio is 6239 Crores. He holds highest paid stocks in CRISIL (40 lakh shares worth 444 Cr.), Lupin (78.83 lakh shares worth 737 Cr.) and Titan (804.66 Lakh shares worth 1,799 Cr.) and other 41 different shareholdings.
1. His RARE Enterprises acquired 11.95 shares in the private airline and he also bought a share of jet Airways @ 1.05% The transaction, shares of Jet Airways surged by 11.28% on the NSE.
2. He sold 50 Lakh shares of Tata Motors DVR
3. Shares of Intellect Design Arena (42.3 Lakh shares) Sold at Rs.120 Crore.
4. His one of the favorite stocks in titan lost its sheen. Titan Q1 net dips 15% to Rs 151cr. Jewellery sale sink by 11%. Titan is down by 5%.
5. RARE Enterprises purchased 12.50 lakh share in Delta Corp worth Rs.106.54 a piece on 17, Nov 2016
6. His prediction in 2010 about e-commerce boom went wrong. This shows one cannot be always right.
7. Rare Enterprise also bought a total of 6.25 lakh shares of Escorts from the open market in August.
8. He invested about 35 Crores in Next Radio subsidiary of Next Mediaworks.
9. Shares of Madhana retail venture an exclusive license of manufacturing and selling of Salman Khan’s brand “Being Human” clothes were also purchased by trading tycoon RJ.
10. He also purchased 7 lakh shares in IT training firm Aptech. He is holding 45.28% of the share of this company.
For complete information follow Rakesh Jhunjhunwala profile on Moneycontrol.com