If there are two things in the world that can make a girl swoon, then they are fashion and shopping. Unfortunately, it isn’t always reasonable to get all your clothes from Gucci as it can get you broke faster than you can say fashion. The solution for this is New Delhi’s Sarojini Nagar.
Sarojini Delhi is a place women can visit for any fashion need – whether clothes, shoes or accessories. The marker has such a huge variety of shops and fashion pieces that it isn’t possible to visit all of them. Just like any other marker, Sarojini Nagar features shops which are good, which are okay, and which are not worth it. When you merge that factor with limited time on a hot summer day, it is very unlikely that you would get visit all the best stores in one day.
To help you find the best of these pocket-friendly fashion stores, here is a short guide to shopping in Sarojini Nagar. This guide has been derived from experience and some of the best Sarojini Nagar Shopping Blogs. It also has some specific Sarojini Nagar Shopping Tips and Tricks to make the best out of your trip to the thrift market.
Sarojini Nagar Market in Delhi
Table of Contents
With a name derived from the movie La La Land, this store is considered one of the best fashion stops in the market. This store is famous for selling clothes with minor defects such as a missing button which caused them to get rejected by top brands such as Zara, Tommy Hilfiger, Quicksilver, etc. The store fixes these defects and sells them at less than one fourth the original price. The best thing is that all these clothes are in mint condition when you buy them and completely indistinguishable from the original. They also have the original brand tag. Hence, it is not uncommon to find a Zara Jeans for Rs. 400 here. This store also is a haven for accessories and shoes. A good idea while visiting Sarojini is to take a local with you. This will help you find the best clothes and even bargain the prices even more. La Labels also has a wide range of cosmetics, though they aren’t as cheap as the clothes.
Energy is a major factor as to how long you can last in this maze of a market. Sarojini Nagar market clothes prices can drive anyone crazy while trying to get the best deal on a branded item. This can require you to walk back and forth a hundred times in the market, thereby extinguishing your energy supply. The best way to overcome this is to visit the various street food vendors. Khandani Pakodewala is one such shop where you can enjoy delicious snacks along with a refreshing beverage. This will help you beat the summer heat and stay ahead of schedule on your shopping spree.
Delight Shopping in Sarojini Nagar
Sarojini Nagar has a lot to offer in terms of an adventurous shopping experience. The weather in this place may be a little too hot or too cold depending on the time of the year, but it is still worth it. Even a simple stroll through Sarojini Nagar will show you the various varieties offered here and give you a look at the lives of the people who make a living here. Even though reading guides like this can guide you to the best shops with the best Sarojini Nagar market clothes prices, but the real goal is the adventure.
This involves discovering new stores, and hidden vendors from time to time. Taking the time to visit these mysterious vendors might be profitable as they may offer you some extravagant deals on items you’ve wanted for a long time. This makes the whole shopping experience seem straight out of an adventure novel. A great part of the experience is bargaining. Sometimes you can point out defects in items to get an even lower price for branded items.
Some Helpful Tips
These tips are the holy grail of Sarojini Nagar Shopping. You can screenshot and carry them with you for reference while in the market.
- Get a ton of experience in bargaining or take an expert friend or family member with you.
- Loose cash and spare change are a must while trying to bargain and get lower prices.
- Try to make a goal of what you want to buy before hand and maintain a maximum budget. You should do your best to spend below that number. For most people, this is Rs.3500.
- Carry a backpack or a jute handbag with you as the thin plastic bags you get from the vendors are bound to tear before you exit the market.
- Be especially weary of pickpockets. Keep your wallet and phone in a place you can notice them at all times.
- Wear light clothes for easy movement through the market.
- Move fast as the stock disappears fairly quickly here.
- Visit different stores for the same item as they might sell it at a cheaper rate.
- If it gets too much for you, visit the DLF South Square mall to chill and cool off.
- You can travel via the Delhi Metro’s pink line and get off at Sarojini market without any hassle.
- While going back, you can either use the metro or call a cab from DLF South Square Mall for a comfortable ride back home.
The fact of the matter is that once you enter Sarojini, you cannot leave empty handed. You are bound to find at least one item you want to buy. You can visit Sarojini with your friends or with your mom for a fun shopping day. The items are always going to be of a decent quality and will let you enjoy luxurious brands at incredibly cheap rates. You can walk out of the market with a ton of shopping bags without spending a lot. This is especially useful for when you want to shop before the start of a new session at college.