Primary research can be defined as a class of research that is solely done by oneself. As it can be the random surveys, interviews and specific market observations or any other kind of research based on ethnography. A profound researcher is well versed with how to execute primary research which will be followed by the something we know secondary research as per the writing and to combine them in a collaborative pattern.
Doing primary research is quite an important skill to be blessed with as it offers a sufficient amount of push required to carry the research originating from magazines, books and journals explain what is secondary research. It can be used as the base of writing a project. However primary research is a remarkable ability as it has a wide range of application such as personal, academic and business.
Not an expert? Doesn’t matter!
One does not need to be an expert to do primary research, it can be done with a little planning. It is widely done and practiced by students who have just begin writing at the university grade. The info that we will be discussing here in this article will help you go ahead with it. As you move ahead you will understand the clear picture of primary vs secondary research.
What sort of activities or projects benefit from primary research?
1. As working on a local hindrance which not has been solved or taken a close look at by authorities and slight research is something that might help it to support it. This depends upon the primary and secondary research conducted.
Instance: When you are working on research which is concerned with the smoke ban problem in Lafayette, India. Little pieces of information have already been circulated with the subject as it was mentioned in just a few letters and editorials to a local newspaper. Primary research can begin in disguise of interviewing local people from the neighboring community and the local determination individuals to gather more information. Hence there cannot be a better primary research definition other than this.
2. One can conduct primary research in the disguise of talking to people in the neighboring community and determining personalities to accumulate more and classified information, facts and figures to be exact. As you are working on creating a particular piece of information by a group or a specific individual.
Instance: It is when you are gathering information about the local activities of a football team of Purdue is one of the most preferable methods to know more about it as you go in and have a 1:1 conversation to witness their behavior
3. As and when you are working on a specific niche which is very much fresh and untouched and just handful publications cease to exist on a topic.
Instance: If you wish to write on a relation among the Purdue Glee club university location of performance which is assumed attendance of occurrences, you will need to decide on your withy help of primary research approach.
4.One can begin his/her primary research to acknowledge the issue of local trends and national outcomes.
Instance: This is when you are writing about the individual views on reform of social trends one can start a local survey and observe what are the local results for comparing a national survey.
What are the types of primary research which can be carried out?
There exists numerous types/class/varieties of primary research. As in this article, it is designed and developed to offer the people with an in-depth and complete insight of primary research which is usually carried out in writing institutes. As the secondary research definition is reliant on primary research.
The types of primary research are
Interviews can be explained as a 1:1 or a combination and blend of a group answers received as a reason of being questioned with respect to any kind of query a person may be having from the being asked personality, In such a scenario the interviews is something that will offer tons of information from a petty number of individuals or handful of people which is extremely useful when you come across a personality who has a deep understanding and knowledge of a niche.
Surveys are anything or an activity which is done in disguise of questioning. Questioning for concentrating highly on rock solid questions as in contrast with an interview which gets into big groups of masses. Survey specializes specifically on big sets of information that comes right from a huge group of people and is extremely useful when you wish to learn or study what the people in big numbers have got to say about a specific subject. In simple words what people think about it?
Observations are explained as accepting the notes that are organized and available for current happenings around the globe. These highly informative observations offer you a piece of in-depth information about specific personalities, occurrences and local. This is extremely useful for anyone who wishes to learn more and more about the occurrence or event in the absence of differentiating outlook about an interview.
Analysis can be explained as a type of information gathering activity which mainly consist of gathering or accumulating data or information and making it organized in a specific pattern depending on the criteria you come up with. It is extremely useful when you are on a hunt to discover a new pattern or trend. A specific type or sort of analysis can be carried out or done to keep a track of advertisements on 4-5 leading networks of television and study the gender roles
How do you get started with it?
Based on the to be asked questions when starting to brainstorm about managing or directing primary research.
1. What do you want to know?
2. How can gathering the information be planned? (This is the methodology or research method approach)
3. Who will be my point of contact (audience) with whom you can talk about the survey being directed? (The individuals you are going to interview are known as participants or subjects)
4. How you can have access to such individuals or group of people who needs to be questioned or interviewed?
5. What’s your personal view of the subject?
6. How to ensure that your outlook of any subject or topic will not be observed in the research methodology?
7. What are your expectations you wish to come across?
So with this article, we finally have gone through with the various aspects of the primary research and seen what and how it’s done.