In the modern world, social media has a significant impact on product or brand marketing. If you understand social media marketing strategies, you can try to develop a career as a social media consultant.
Before planning to start your career as a consultant for social media marketing, understand what the job responsibilities of a consultant are. The profile needs you to have a clear understanding of social media operation and marketing.
What do you Understand by Social Media Consultation?
Social media consultation can be defined as the process of connecting with your target audiences and interacting with them through social media platforms on behalf of a company.
You can secure a full-time job as a social media consultant with any digital marketing company or assist companies as a freelancer. The scope of success as a social media consultant in India is relatively high, owing to the increase in social media users and social media marketing trends.
As a social media adviser, you are expected to specialize in problem-solving or strategic planning of brand promotion. To succeed as a social media counselor, you acquire the expertise of identifying scopes of improvement and prepare a success map for your customers. It becomes your job to set a marketing goal and help your customer achieve it by the strategic implementation of social media marketing techniques.
What Services do you Get from a Social Media Consultant?
If you want a career in social media consulting in India, you should be prepared to provide your customers with the below services-
- Strategic planning and execution of social media marketing of their products and company profile
- Creating content and posting over social media platforms.
- Building a social media community for your customers
- Analyzing and appraising the outcomes of the social media marketing
- Copywriting content
- Assisting with basic graphic designing of the social media campaigns
- Indulging in PPC advertisements
How Much Does a Social Media Consultant Charge?
A social media consultant with low exposure might struggle at the beginning of their career as a freelancer. The income flow increases when you have gained considerable experience.
- A beginner social media consultant with less than 3-years of experience and a restricted portfolio might charge between $10-$50 hourly.
- Consultants with experience beyond 3-years charge anything between $50-$100 hourly.
- A consultant with an advanced portfolio is likely to charge an amount of $120 or more per hour.
How much you earn from a freelance social media consultancy depends solely on your work experience, project scope, and clientele.
How Can you Establish Yourself as a Social Media Consultant?
If you understand the concept of social media marketing, becoming a social media consultant is easy. Here are the 10 steps of achieving the dream.
- Create your case studies portfolio and publish worthy content to gain trust.
- Indulge in networking and creating a client database.
- Develop loyal followers through an appealing Instagram account.
- Timing is crucial for deciding if you are ready to start as a freelancer.
- Approach your clientele with a tiered proposal.
- Focus on generating leads from your customer database
- Begin your freelance service by overdelivering to gain trust.
The demand for experienced social media consultants is high in the modern world. Naturally, the scope of getting established as a freelancer is promising. However, if you are new to the industry, the income flow will remain relatively low until you have gained some experience and showcase it on your portfolio. It is essential to promote your freelance work by publishing your content over Instagram or similar social media platforms. Newsletters are one of the primary ways of connecting with people on your database.