The concept of vlogging got its popularity with travel vloggers. Vlogging creates a short-span video log or video blog and posts it over social media platforms to influence or update people with various information. Professional vloggers select a niche, create their video on that niche and post them on online video-sharing platforms like YouTube to get viewers.
Your success as a vlogger depends on your online reach, views, subscribers, and frequency of your post. Sharing videos over YouTube might sound like an easy thing to do, but becoming successful from it or monetizing vlog might not be that easy. It is time-consuming. However, the end result is promising. A vlogger having 1 million subscribers can earn up to $57,200 on an average in a year.
How much can you Make from YouTube vlogging?
If you are new to vlogging and wondering how much you can earn from your YouTube channel, here is a brief guide for you-
- When you publish a vlog over YouTube and achieve a substantial number of subscribers or viewers, Google pays you 68% of their revenue from AdSense. In short, if an advertiser pays $100, Google rewards $60 to the original video publisher.
- An advertiser rewards an amount of $0.10-$0.30 against each view on YouTube. On average, you can expect a payment of $0.18 against each view from the advertiser.
- YouTube channels receive a payment of $18 against 100 ad views, which is roughly equivalent to $3-$5 against 1000 video views on your channel.
Does achieving the above figures look difficult for you? We have the 7 perfect tips to make your life easier and more successful as a vlogger.
7 Tips for Becoming a Successful vlogger
1. Niche Determination and Market Research:
Before you create a professional vlog, find out which niche of vlogging piques your interest and how much influence it has on your followers. Choosing an interesting niche ensures your audience’s entertainment.
Once you have chosen a niche for your vlog, you need to research your market competition. Understand the nature of vlogs that are in demand in the market. Understanding your market helps in determining the type of vlog and become successful.
2. Channel Creation on Video Uploading Platforms and Understanding the Working Process:
Once you have decided on the niche of video, identified your target audience, and chosen a platform to upload your videos, it is time to create your video channel. The present online world offers many platforms where you can share your videos, apart from YouTube. You need a channel that fits your skills and interests. Once you have a channel, it is time to get familiarised with the operational process of the channel and platform.
3. Video Creation:
The key to a successful video channel is to create impactful videos. Keep your camera ready and proceed to your fame by following the below steps-
- Create unique, original, and informative videos after researching thoroughly on a niche. It is important to deliver meaningful, true and helpful videos over these platforms as people nowadays turn to the internet searching for answers on various topics. Adding humour to your video content is a way of keeping your audiences entertained. Your originality gets appreciated; hence copying content from others’ videos is not helpful for vlogging. You will get online tools and software to check for plagiarism and grammar. Use these tools and secure the authenticity of your vlog.
- Video channels follow a recommended formatting for videos. Follow that settings and format while you create your video. The modern-day demand for vlogging requires you to create mobile-friendly videos to improve visibility.
- People who like your channel will soon start requesting more. Including call-to-action in the video content is a way of convincing more audiences to visit your channel for more videos.
- Include an HTML link with your video to aid the audience while they share your channel and videos over their social media profiles.
- If you want your audience to locate you, add a URL to your videos.
- Include FAQs on a topic when you create video content. A vlog should be interactive. When you upload your vlog, the video channel creates a discussion forum where your audiences ask questions about the topic. A vlogger should be active over the video channel to answer all these queries.
4. Optimized Video Creation:
Video optimization is the key to improving your video content’s visibility over different video sharing platforms and interests. To create optimized video content, including the below factors-
- Video description with SEO keywords
- Video file name
- An impressive video title
5. Regular Publishing:
A vlogger needs to be super active over social media and video sharing channels by publishing more appealing videos. It keeps your audience interested in your content.
6. Audience Interaction Over Comments:
As mentioned earlier, the success of your vlog depends on your audience’s interest in your channel. Vlogging requires you to develop a strong relationship with these audiences. The best way to achieve it is by frequent and effective interactions between the vlogger and viewers through the comment section.
7. Video Sharing over Social Media:
In today’s world, social media platforms determine the fate of your actions. Vlogging also needs social media support for better visibility. Social media platforms are free and effective platforms for sharing your videos.
Final Take Away
We have mentioned the basic tips to becoming a professional vlogger in today’s world. The journey is not without hurdles. It requires patience, creativity, research and labour to create a vlog. However, the process seems easy and rewarding once you get accustomed to it.