Tally erp 9 is a great tool for all the people in the field of Accounting and other related fields. There are a lot of uses of Tally erp 9. People in the field of Accounting and other related fields must know everything about tally erp 9. There is always a need to know about tally invoice format to prepare tax invoice in tally erp 9.
There are lot of things other than just get invoice format in tally to be known by the user to prepare tax invoice in tally erp 9.
Preparing tax invoice under GST
As we know that earlier we all used to prepare tax invoice in tally erp 9 with VAT, excise and service taxes. But now there has occurred change of rules. Now there is only one taxi which is applicable in India. This taxi is simply known as GST. Now there is need to prepare tally gst invoice. That is now every tax invoice is prepared using just one single tax that is GST.
There is no need to think about any other tax. So now in this article we will learn about how to prepare GST tax invoices for goods and services with a single taxi and multiple tax slab in a single invoices with GST compliance.
How to do it?
Now first of all when printing of invoice in tally erp 9 is done it gives you a default name or title that is invoice. Now you need to print an invoice titled tax invoice to comply with all the GST rules.
There is also need to know that there are two different kinds of invoices in GST which is not the same case in VAT. These types of invoices in GST are the follows.
- GST tax invoice- GST invoice is something which is given or issued by a registered dealer to his or her customer at the time of removal of goods in case there is movement of goods or making it available to the customer in case of service.
- Bill of supply- This is the other type of invoice in GST. This is also issued by a registered GST dealer when the goods sold should be exempted by GST law or the taxable person registered under composition scheme.
Whar are the actual steps?
Following are the steps for tax invoice in Tally erp 9. These steps are as follows.
- Tax invoice voucher type preparation
Firstly you create a voucher type namely tax invoice. This type of invoice should be sale and activate print after saving also the default title to print the invoice should be Tax invoice as per the complied GST rule and change the declaration if required.
- Activate GST in tally erp 9
This step is to activate GST in tally erp 9.
- GST sale voucher ledgers creation
Here it is the need to create ledgers required for GST sale voucher. These ledgers are following.
- Sale ledger, lets create a local sale ledger for GST.
- Party ledger is to be created. Make sure that under this you have entered the right State, address, GSTIN of customer.
- GST tax ledger to be created.
- Create Stock item for GST.
- Create Stock item
Create Stock item by following these simple steps.
Go to gateway of Tally> inventory info> stock item> Create.
Now in the stock item creation enable the following options. GST applicable: Applicable.
Set or alter GST details: Yes and set tax rate 18% save.
- Enter sales voucher with tax GST
Go to gateway of tally> Accounting voucher> F8 sales.
Our voucher type for GST transcation is created by selecting the option GST invoice when the tally erp 9 will ask you this. Enter your transcations after this step.
- Printing the Sales voucher as Tax invoice or GST invoice
While you will accept the sales voucher tally will automatically display the printing configuration screen with yes or no option. Make changes according to your needs here in this screen.
Number of copies to be printed can be selected here by you. Then just click on Yes. Your invoice will be printed same as your voucher type you jave created in the above steps.