Time is like the flow of water that never flow at the same place twice. It is the most valuable possession so it is better to learn the art of time management skills to lead a fruitful life. Time management for students is all the more important to learn at the early stages of their life, to get the hack of it, in practicing for future times to come.
Tell me ask you one thing before starting with the time management strategies that you can opt for to make your life better and tension free, my question is how many hours of the day, days of the week that you spend worrying about not able to finish the task that you thought you would. Worrying has lot of implications on the mental and physical health of person. It might no be visible with naked eyes but gradually you will realize how much damage it has caused you which is irretrievable.
According to the survey, it has been found that the percentage is extremely high, it is approximately more than 80% that complains about their work not been completed on time. From the percentage above, could you make out the gravity of the situation? Time management is often consider unimportant but it is actually not. It is not everyone’s cup of tea. A very minuscule percent of people are able to excel the art of time management skills. This is the percentage of population that is able to make the most out of their time and gear their action in accordance with their time management plans hence living a peaceful and hassle free lifestyle.
I know that there is no one in the world who don’t yearn for acquiring time management skills so that they handle and plan their lives better. Formulating time management plan, planning time management activities, using time management strategies, etc.
It all begins when one has an innate urge to make things better or when one feels motivated to make the best of their time or when one realizes the time is possession and it slips every moment you snooze. Though time management tips are important for everyone and the time management strategies that are given below are equally applicable on you but here I am specifically focusing more on importance of time management tips for student.
Look at the following points which will wide open your eyes after knowing how much time management skills are of great significance.
1. Most importantly, practicing time management strategies helps in accomplishing more work in limited time period.
For example: a student has formulated time management plan and decided to complete one chapter in one hour, when he or she has decided to complete the task in that limited time frame then they will concentrate all their energy on completion of that task instead of whiling away time that most seem to do.
As a result serious concentrated efforts will enhance the efficiency and one is able to complete their work on time.
2. Time value those who value time. Proper implementation of time management activities not just for a limited time period but adopting and making time management skills part of your everyday life will done wonders in achieving success in your academics.
By following time management plan you command a better control over your life and you are able to tackle everything that comes your way. When you have command over your life then your success is bound to come.
Time management for students is important because once they are able to management things timely, it prepares you for the larger career opportunities that will bound to come considering your outlook towards accomplishing work on time.
3. When you properly implement time management strategies in your daily life then as I said above, you will be able to achieve more in shorter time period and when you are able to your work in less time then you will have advantage over others and you can utilize this time by engaging in different new learning activities like you can join sports activity or you can go for singing classes.
This helps in widening your learning horizon and you have more opportunities to learn as a result you get exposed to learnings of new things. These life lesson that you learn help you come out as a better person.
Also one more advantage of time management tips for students is they are able to get free time for themselves to relax and calm themselves down, forgetting everything that is happening around. Taking out some time is important after the daily life hassle of institutional studies, tuition work, self-studies and sports. When you have good time management activities at work, then only you are able to find some leisure time for yourself
4. A good time management skills helps improving physical and mental health. A good physical and mental health is a result of healthy, carefree, happy, nontoxic lifestyle that comes when one can easily manage their task and have command over their life which is achievable when one acquires good time management strategies.
To improve your physical and mental health adopt time management activities in life. Instead of worrying about task that needs to be done, it is better to spring to action and make time management plan.
5. The practice of time management for student helps them in making sound decisions in life. When things and environment is in your control then you will have enough time to sift through many options that may come your way.
You will be able to make better decision after considering all the options. It can be best understand in a situation where you to make quick decision in no time.
You failed to analyze the positive aspects or negative aspects of it and end up making a choice that is not well thought out and regrets. It is better to manage time to save you from the regrets and dissatisfaction.
Aforementioned are some of the benefits that you have when time management skills are in your regular practice. It is better to have a controlled, manageable, organized and peaceful life then to have unorganized, messed up and worrisome lifestyle. Time management strategies is capable of making world of a difference. Why not choose a more positive and fruitful one?
Causes of poor time management skills and the time management tips for student to overcome them.
Your time management plan may come to flat fall when you too much socialize. For this to figure out you should know yourself well, it is important to make note of your habits.
To know whether you are socialize a lot or not, answer few questions that includes are you able to communicate with people easily even when you don’t the person? do you attend parties a lot? , or do you go on vacations a lot?
Is your contact list way to long? Or is your friend circle is large? If the answer is yes then you definitely socialize very much. For these type of people, it becomes difficult to manage time management plans and it is common that they are hardly able to make up to the deadlines.
I am not saying that socializing is bad but the excess of it will turn to your own disadvantage. You need to strike a balance between doing more productive work and socializing. This balance is created when one knows what their daily routine is and make time management plan accordingly.
Also keep in mind that time is valuable no matter if it is yours or others. A minute’s interruption might put them an hours behind them their planned schedule. If you are one of the kind then its better you avoid such distractions while at work. You keep you motivated, you can put in place a reward system for yourself.
For example: you can set the target of achieving a specified task in a specified time work and when you do so you will allow yourself to do what you like the most. As for the social person, what is better than to go for parties or paying visit to a club or restaurant? One who is able to done that will sail through when it comes to meeting stringent deadlines.
1. Perfectionism may leave you sinking. This means that one is truly dedicated to perform a defined task to its utmost perfection and pay attention to every minute details. This seems to be a good characteristic but only on the surface, not in practice.
When one is engaged in completing the task with perfection, they end up failing their deadlines and often left with the uncompleted work. The person end up unnecessarily complicating the task which was not required at all. Perfection is good and fruitful but when taken to extreme ends might turn an experience sour.
There are task that doesn’t need perfection to its most but you employ all your energy in achieving the perfection. This only end up in creating time mismanagement. Figure out if your perfectionist or not. Answer few questions to know about it like do you like do every small or big task with all your perfection?
Do you detest taking up work you are not good at? Do you hesitate and at times suspicious of others capability of doing a work when you delegate the work? Do you like doing all the work yourself? Do you take longer duration than what is actually required? If the answer is yes, then you are a perfectionist.
2. Analyze whether your perfectionist attitude is fruitful in fulfilling your goals or it is proving to be more damaging than being helpful? If it is not bearing good results, it is better to change your way of working. Some time management tips for students to tackle such problem includes learn to priorities the task, not every task is engaging nuclear weapon production. Not every task is to be done with high intensity efforts.
Learn to segregate and prioritize the task. Be realistic while performing the task, just because you don’t something to be perfect, doesn’t make that worthless. Trust your fellow being. Have faith in their capabilities. It helps creating a congenial working environment. If you don’t pay attention to it, people will fight it difficult to work with and will avoid communicating with you. You will be called a social nerd. It may hinder your growth prospects.
3. The habit of Procrastination is another obstacle in the life of a perfectionist which may hinder your way of working. They have the tendency of performing the task at the opportune time which leads to delaying the work.
Keep in mind, time is never perfect for a procrastinator, you have to make it perfect to timely achieving your goals. Proper time management plan is important to schedule your daily work. So that you are able to achieve the defined task within the given time frame.
4. Lack of personal goal will leave you moving on a journey that has no ultimate destination. To simply say, you are carrying on a directionless journey and a directionless journey is not capable of keeping you motivated for a longer time period. When you set some goals, it will gives your effort some direction and you will be motivated to work harder for achievement of those goals.
5. Poor management of time happens when one takes up more than one task at a time. The people who do that thinks that they are saving time by doing work simultaneously. But they are taking more time than what it would actually take.
6. Ineffective schedule is also one of the major causes of not able to complete the work on it. You have to figure out for yourself whether you are a morning person or are you better at working in the evening. Based upon the time that increases your productivity, you can formulate time management plan
I tried my best in making you understand how much important is time management for students and after telling you the advantages of it, it is followed by the causes of poor time management that hinders your performance and how you can cope with those problems as defined in each point some time management strategies that you can put in practice. Once you are able to learn to manage your time, it has the potential of being a real game changer that can take you places.