Does not matter if you are the market looking for a new ISP (Internet Service Provider) and preferring Spectrum Internet for rapid fast and uninterrupted connectivity or just in case you have hovered through all the choices, what needs to be done ahead? It’s very simple you need to order and install the Spectrum self install Wi-Fi service.
In this entire procedure we will guide you with the self-installation part for the Spectrum Wi-Fi service. Only then you will have a clear picture of what can be expected when it is about time you get to some serious work.
We are not going to stop just discussing about the equipment or is it better if you rent an equipment from Spectrum itself or getting yourself a brand new one.
Understanding the Spectrum Wireless Router
There is actually no need to call up a technician to come by in order to install the router that works without the wired technology (wireless router). The biggest reason for purchasing the eminent router from Spectrum is to avert from the unwanted fee and charges which an organization for any device it uses by Spectrum self install kit.
Right before we go ahead for discussion of installing the Spectrum router, run a check if you are having all below mentioned
- The self-install kit from Spectrum can be delivered at your doorstep as per your request.
- An active internet connection
- A good quality cable modem
- All the necessary items which come along with the router such as Ethernet cable and power cable.
Guide for Self-Installation Spectrum Router
A step by step process will help you get connected in just no time without relying too much on anyone
Step I: Grab the coax cable which will be connected to an end of mode, and the other will be connected to the wall unit
Step II: The power plug should be plugged in the modem and should be switched on at the same time. Allow it to get fully activated, so wait for at least 2 minutes.
Step III: Get your Ethernet cable connected to the modem to the routers yellow internet colored port
Step IV: Grab the power cord and get it connected to an end of your router while the other end of router should be connected to the wall unit. A green colorindication is what you will get in order to make you understand that it is ready for use. At the same time the indicators for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band will begin to indicate. Make sure that the power button is on.
Step V: Get connected to the wireless device with the wireless network
Make sure that the Wi-Fi is switched on.
Then go to the wireless settings in device.
Select the SSID mentioned on the router.
Enter the Wi-Fi password which also is mentioned on the router itself.
To see if you are connected to internet try opening any page from your browser.
When talking about the username and the password it is always unique for any given router which works flawlessly as the same would not work perfectly for any other router. The information is usually printed on the backside of the router. Once you have self-installed the router and have changed the Wi-Fi username and password for security reasons. This can be done by:
Get the device connected to the desired network with the help of available username and password.
You need to enter the IP address on the opened web browser.
Access is available only with the same user name and password mentioned on the router.
Now you can change the router username and password.
After that being done you need to save the changes and take a note of all network info for future use.
What happens if in case the self-installation fails?
For any reason if the self-installation fails, you will not be able to get the self-installation done for your spectrum self installation kit, get in touch with the customer support. They will send in a technical guy to help you out for which you will have to pay a service charge. The technician will see
1. If the equipment is faulty
2. For what reason the self-installation failed
3. What are the possible errors which caused the installation failure?
4. Just in case the equipment is at fall, there is no need for you to pay any kind of service or visiting charge or even an installation charge.
Installing the Spectrum wireless router
Summary of getting it done in 4 easy steps
Step One: Get the modem connected
Step Two: The Wi-Fi router should be connected to the modem.
Step Three: Get the device connected to the Wireless network
Step Four: Get the modem activated online
1. Just in case if the modem will be sharing the cable wall unit with a Spectrum receiver, make sure you utilize the splitter. As the splitter use guidelines will be available on the spectrum.net/splitter.
2. In order to enrich the browsing experience on Wi-Fi, you need to keep the router at a precise central location at your house, but it should be away from the in house electronics like microwaves, wireless headsets and baby monitors
3. You will be given a choice to opt for two bandwidths namely the
(A) 5 GHz: The 5 GHz is recommended for the ones who ask for a fast network speed while has a comparatively short range for the wireless connectivity
(B) 2.4 GHz: But when you opt for the 2.4 GHz bandwidth it has a much longer wireless range but in such a case you will have to compromise with slow speed.
4. You can learn how to personalize the network SSID user name and the password which also includes conveying the last network settings to the new Wi-Fi setup at spectrum.net/easywifi.
5. Just in case you have your own modem for installation the company will run a check on the equipment to see if it does has the specifications met right before the activation For checking which modem is compatible for the installation you can visit spectrum.net/modems which will furnish you with the compatible modems.
6. For an enhanced security experience you can also visit the spectrum.net/security to know more about protecting your personal computer, laptops, mobile, other handheld devices etc. with help of the Security Suite.
When you have chosen the spectrum internet self install Wireless connectivity be rest assured that you are now with a much professional service provider which has many advantages. First and foremost you don’t need to be a technically well versed guy to get the things done.
It is so easy with the self-installation guide which we have mentioned right above and is quite simple. You can try for yourself. And just in case if you are unable to do it, there is always help available when you ask for it. The Spectrum technicians can be at your doorstep in just no time when you ask them to. This was a complete walkthrough for how to install spectrum modem.