The FRIENDS & CHAT Steam feature has become one of the popular gaming features, but the issue is that you will normally find an error occurring with it. Most players are accustomed to a quick chat and to staying up-to-date.
The issue, however, is that the menu will not load and throw up the confusing Friends Network Unreachable. When you’re encountering the same issue, you need to find the solutions to the steam friend code error.
The error indicates a poor network connection, a Steam glitch, or a problem associated with Steam’s server. Try these fixes to keep away the steam friend code issue.
Table of Contents
4 Quick Ways To Fix Steam Friend Code Error
1. Clearing Steam Cache and Cookies
Steam saves files and data to let the same information load up faster. Over time, the cached data goes wrong and becomes corrupt or outdated, causing the friends’ list to stop loading.
- Open Steam >Goto Settings
- Under Settings Select Web Browser Tab > Click Delete Web Browser Cache and Delete All Browser Cookies
- Click OK > Exit From Steam
- Re-launch Steam > Click when your friend’s list loads up fine
2. Joining or exiting Steam Beta programs
Steam Beta serves as a program/mode players can opt into. With that, there will be a possibility to try out game updates and client updates. As a program for testing, it is prone to bugs. Try switching to the opposite mode.
- Open Steam > Goto Settings
- Select Account> In the Beta participation section, Click Change
- From the Dropdown list Choose Steam Beta Update
- Click OK > Exit Steam
3. Updating Your Network Adapter Driver
Network adapter driver going wrong, outdated or corrupt leads to issues. Sometimes even the issue arises due to unstable or poor internet, potentially causing the Steam Friends Network Unreachable error. Update your drivers automatically.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager
- Double Click on Network Adapters to expand
- Then select the Network Adapter of your device > Right Click on it and > Select Update driver
- In the pop up select Search automatically for drivers
- Windows 10 will be download automatically latest driver network driver for you just you have to follow the screen instructions
4. Reverting Steam To an Older Version
Friends Network Unreachable error is the usual occurrence when there is a bug in the current version. Modify the properties to get back to the older version.
- On your desktop, Right-click on Steam > Choose Properties
- Click the Shortcut tab
- In Target, leave a space “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe” > Type -nofriendsui
- Click OK to save the changes
- Open Steam to get access to the friend’s list
Fixing Error Adding Friend on Steam
Causes of this error include The user being blocked and the Limited Account. In addition to that, there are issues like Friends cap and Friend system glitch. If these are the cases, you’ll have to check out the quick fixes. They’re as follows:
1. Check The Friends Blocked List
- Open Steam > Click on Username
- Now Click on Friends > Select Blocked
- Then Select Manage Blocked List > Select All Friends Click on Unblock button
- Then Exit from Steam > Restart Steam
2. Checking Account Type
Limited Account comes up with restrictions when you’re trying to add a friend. The steps to fix it are as follows:
- Open Steam > Goto Settings > Under Settings Select Interface Tab > Check the Display Steam URL address when available
- Now you go to View my profile > Right-Click on Edit Profile Then on Copy Page URL
- After that Open URL in your Chrome Browser or Firefox and at end of URL include /?xml=1
- Now Press Ctrl + F > and Type limited in the search box
- Press Enter to see the highlighted line. If you see 0, it refers to the fact that the account is not limited. If it is 1, you need to understand that account is limited.
- So, you will have to make a purchase from Steam and then add a friend again.
3. Checking The Number of Friends Requests
- Go to your friend’s list to see if there are any pending invites > Either Approve or Reject them that will pave the way for adding new invites
- Exist From Steam
- Open Steam > Click on Username
- Select Friends > Click on Friends > Check if you have pending invites. Either approve or reject them.
- Restart your Steam client
- Try adding your friend again.
4. Blocking and Unblocking
- Ensure that you go to the user profile of the person you are trying to add
- Click on More. As soon as you get a drop-down box, select Block all communication
- Restart Steam
- Now again go to the Friends list > Go to the Blocked list > Click on the profile just Blocked
- Select More > Unblock All Communication
- Restart the Steam
5. Refreshing Steam
- Exit the Steam
- Press Windows + R > Type CMD Hit Enter to open Command Prompt
- Copy and Paste the below command below into Command Prompt Hit Enter
- Wait for a few minutes and restart your PC
- Now Launching Steam from the installation folder refreshes the Steam files. That being said, you will get it back in its original state.
We’ve listed the finest methods to put an end to the steam friend code issue. Follow these quick-fix methods and keep away further worries.
Fix Other Steam Errors